- Dogs are the only animals allowed or permitted.
- Dogs must wear a tag evidencing current rabies vaccination.
- Dogs must remain on leash while entering and exiting.
- Owners must stay within the dog park and within view of their dogs.
- Owners are limited to two (2) dogs per person per visit.
- Dogs shall be under the voice control of their owner at all times.
- Choke, prong, pinch and spike collars are prohibited and must be removed before entering.
- Any dog exhibiting aggressive behavior as determined by a responding city official must be removed immediately. Any dog designated under the Health & Safety Code as a dangerous dog is prohibited from entering.
- Owners are liable for damage or injuries inflicted by their dogs and assume all risk related to dog park use.
- Owners must have a visible leash at all times.
- Owners are responsible for removal and disposal of feces of their dog.
- Any person under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Persons running, shouting, or chasing dogs is prohibited.
- Petting another person's dog is prohibited without the owner's permission.
- No puppies under the age of four (4) months are permitted.
- Dogs in heat are not permitted.
- Dogs are permitted in designated areas of the dog park based on weight. Owners are responsible for determining the appropriate designated area for their dog(s) based on posted weight criteria.
- No food to be consumed by humans is allowed.
- Any dog bite or scratch should be immediately reported to the City of Longview Animal Control.
To report a dog bite or scratch Monday - Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. call (903) 237-1290
To report a dog bite or scratch after hours call (903) 237-1170.
What if I see someone break the rules?
Stragent Dog Park was established with the concept that dog owners would be responsible for policing themselves and each other. If you see someone who forgets the rules (perhaps doesn't clean up after their dog) politely introduce yourself, remind them of the rule and thank them when they comply with the rule.